* Field Reversible: comes as normally closed, power to open, (ventilation and direct to thermostats) but can easily be field reversed to normally open, power to close for use with zone control systems.
* Works with all modern zone control systems that use a two position damper, like Honeywell, EWC, Jackson Systems, Braeburn, RobertShaw, DuroZone, Ztec, Zonefirst, Ecojay, and many more.
*Top Quality damper with an industry respected standard integrated motor with super wide steel gear, not plastic. Motor uses an internal spring, not a cheap add-on spring. This motor can easily be replaced with several other industry standard motors.
Braeburn Round power open, spring close, damper is easily convertible to power close, spring open damper for direct control from a thermostat or switch, or as a fresh air damper, and can also be used for zone control systems. This means you will never get stuck with the wrong configuration. Use this damper in the "normally closed" mode when connected straight to a thermostat or a switch, and later easily convert it to "normally open" if you upgrade to a zone control system. Voltage is 24 volts AC, convenient two-wire operation, 5 Year warranty-Best in the industry! Works with virtually any brand of zone control system.
This is a quality American made damper available at an unbeatable price. This damper is made in the USA, with heavy gauge steel, anti-rattle washers, and riveted construction. Braeburn is one of the most trusted names in zone control, and you can install this damper with confidence.
Looking at another brand of spring return damper? Does it have these outstanding quality features?
• Industry leading 5 year warranty, and covered by our 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee.
• Compatible with any 24vac thermostat or zone control system. Order either our 24vac plug in or hard wired transformer for power, and any of our Braeburn series thermostats will control this damper.
• Easily converted in the field to "Normally Open, Power Close" (use with Zone Control) operation, or "Normally Closed, Power Open" (Direct to Thermostat) operation.
• Very strong spiral pipe construction.
• All steel gears in motor, not failure prone plastic.
• Urethane blade gaskets.
• "Soft Landing" slow blade return under spring power minimizes perceived changes in airflow noise, and protects damper drive train.
• Outstanding long term parts supply for replacement motors.
• Full length, heavy gauge galvanized can with roll beads for strength and rigidity.
• 24 volts AC, about 8va power draw when energized.
• Power to open, automatic spring closing when power is removed.
• Motor can be easily reversed to make Power to close, spring open when power is removed.
The Braeburn Round Damper is perfect for direct control from a thermostat or switch, since a one wire call on a thermostat's Y or W outputs will cause the damper to open.
(If you would prefer a non spring return damper that will still operate with just one wire control from a thermostat, check out our SD super duty dampers.)
On Zone control systems, you may set this damper to spring open, and power to close. This two wire damper is compatible with any 24vac zone control system.
Also see our other round dampers, including our three wire models which use less power and offer greater reliability than 2 wire spring return models - take a look at our SD series dampers with commercial Belimo motors.